Useful info – Favourite
Best things to do in La Plagne, by halfpipe master Kevin Rolland
French freestyle overlord Kevin Rolland lives in La Plagne and gives us a rundown of the best things to do in Paradiski. Be prepared – he’s famous for being a hard worker, and his perfect day in La Plagne starts early. Kevin’s arena of choice is the halfpipe where he has won a whole host of medals: gold in the 2009 Freestyle World Champs, silver in 2011, golds in the superpipe at both the Winter X Games and the Winter X Games Europe, in both 2010 and 2011, and Superpipe champion in the Winter Dew Tour 2011.
Here’s his itinerary of the best things to do in Paradiski (do feel free not to follow him down the North Face, by the way).
- Get up in time for La Plagne first tracks, have breakfast at 2500m
- Head up to 3200m – the top of the Bellecôte glacier, and ski the famous 35-degree off-piste North Face
- Get down to Peisey Vallandry and take the Vannoise Express over to the Verdons Sud restaurant in Champagny en Vanoise (one of the 10 La Plagne villages), for lunch
- Head to the La Plagne snowpark
- Try out bob racing down the La Plagne Olympic bobsleigh run at over 100km an hour
- Have a well-earned rest at the new Complex Aquatique Paradisio at Montchavin Les Coches
- Meet some friends at Bar le Switch – the 'in' bar in La Plagne Centre