St Moritz – Switzerland
St Moritz stakes a claim to being the birthplace of winter sports holidays with records showing that a British family spent an entire winter season there in 1867. We Brits have been flocking there ever since! The pretty lakeside setting and the bragging rights that come with a stay in St Moritz make it a worthwhile destination for most people, but when you add to that the average of 322 days of sunshine a year and some of the finest hotels in the world it is easy to see why this resort is revered by the rich and famous!
Whilst all the hype is generally about the resort as opposed to the slopes there is actually a good range of skiing to be found here too! St Moritz has hosted the Winter Olympics twice and facilities are always being improved. In summary, St Moritz and the wider Engadin area will give you a five star experience both on and off the slopes.
- Have a ride on the Bob Taxi, an adrenalin filled run down the mountain.
- Take the family for an afternoon of Tubing, open daily weather permitting.
- For a more sedate paced day, go for a hike and take in the full beauty of your surroundings.
- Head to Bobbys Bar for some apres - very popular with the visiting Brits..
- St Moritz Bad - spa complex that takes advantage of the local mineral springs.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1770 m|
|Highest lift||3303 m|
|Lowest lift||1730 m|
|km of piste||350|
|Number of lifts||56|
|Lift pass price||CHF 365 / 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!