Saas-Fee – Switzerland
Villages don’t come much more ‘Swiss’ than Saas Fee and the narrow car-free streets, blackened barns and traditional costumes lend the resort a genuine and romantic old world charm. You would be mistaken though for thinking that the remote location and traditional feel of the village limit the off-slope activities. Classy boutiques and stylish hotels mingle effortlessly with traditional buildings nowadays, and the village has a great buzz about it in the evening. It is difficult to fault the facilities on offer for skiing in Saas Fee too, and everyone will love the wide open pistes at a snow sure altitude and the fast and efficient lift system. You can ski here right through the year with the summer lift pass covering the glacier at nearby Zermatt too. The one weakness of the ski area is that it is mostly in shadow in winter and prone to closure in bad weather.
- Head to the Bielen Wellness Centre for the 25m pool, two Jacuzzis, samarium, steam bath and a sauna.
- Visit the top of the Glacier for the world's largest ice grotto.
- For great family fun, try the Hannig is a 5km sledge run.
- Get on the Feeblitz rollercoaster, which is a short but exhilarating ride through the trees on the side of the mountain.
- Head up the mountain to the threesixty for a long lunch and take in the spectacular views as the restaurant takes an hour to revolve.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1800 m|
|Highest lift||3500 m|
|Lowest lift||1800 m|
|km of piste||140|
|Number of lifts||22|
|Lift pass price||CHF 344/ 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!