Saas-Fee – Switzerland
Villages don’t come much more ‘Swiss’ than Saas-Fee and the narrow car-free streets, blackened barns and traditional costumes lend the resort a genuine and romantic old world charm. You may think that the remote location and traditional feel of the village would limit the off-slope activities - not so. Classy boutiques and stylish hotels mingle with traditional buildings, and the village has a great buzz about it in the evening. The restaurants in Saas-Fee are excellent with much of the cuisine heavily influenced by Italian flavours. Saas-Fee’s hotels offer a high level of customer service and range from one to five stars - all of them providing good value for money. There are also many chalets in Saas-Fee, and in total there is accommodation for some 7000 visitors.
There is much to recommend this little Swiss enclave and it is also difficult to fault the facilities on offer for skiing in Saas-Fee. Everyone will love the wide open pistes at a snow sure altitude, along with the fast and efficient lift system. You can ski here right through the year too, with the summer Saas-Fee lift pass covering the glacier at nearby Zermatt. The one weakness of the Saas-Fee ski area is that it is mostly in shadow during winter and prone to closure in bad weather.
- Head to the Bielen Wellness Centre for the 25m pool, Jacuzzis, steam bath and sauna.
- Visit the peak of the glacier and explore the world's largest ice grotto.
- For great family fun, try the Hannig, a fast and furious 5km sledge run.
- Ride the Feeblitz rollercoaster for an exhilarating whizz through the trees.
- Dine at the threesixty revolving restaurant and take in the spectacular views.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1800 m|
|Highest lift||3500 m|
|Lowest lift||1800 m|
|km of piste||140|
|Number of lifts||22|
|Lift pass price||CHF 370/ 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!