Coronet Peak – New Zealand
New Zealand offers a different style of ski experience, you are accommodated in a town, typically Queenstown or Wanaka and travel by snow worthy vehicle to the surrounding ski fields. There’s plenty of other activities, quality restaurants and a lively nightlife in the towns, the views are spectacular and a cool Kiwi attitude make the experience unforgettable. Read more...
Coronet Peak is located an easy 25 minute drive from Queenstown, it is currently the only ski field in this area with a fully surfaced access road. Coronet Peak is very family friendly and popular for freeriding skiers and snowboarders. The mountain is fairly exposed and extensive, offering 280 hectares of riding area and some of the longest runs found in this region. For those interested in freestyle trickery there only a few small hits, at Coronet it’s all about natural bowls, spines and gullies.
- Try a Ferburger in Queenstown, no trip would be complete without one.
- A night out at the Red Rock in Wanaka - a fun and funky night.
- Take the Skyline Gondola and soak up the views, dine at the restaurant and top it all off with a ride on the 800m luge track.
- Take a wild River jet safari - unique to Queenstown.
- Day Spa in Queenstown for a day of pampering and relaxation.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1168 m - 1649 m|
|Highest lift||1649 m|
|Lowest lift||1168 m|
|km of piste||28|
|Number of lifts||4|
|Lift pass price||$93 NZD pp per day|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!