Cardrona – New Zealand
New Zealand offers a different style of ski experience, you are accommodated in a town, typically Queenstown or Wanaka and travel by snow worthy vehicle to the surrounding ski fields. There’s plenty of other activities, quality restaurants and a lively nightlife in the towns, the views are spectacular and a cool Kiwi attitude make the experience unforgettable. Read more...
Just 30 minutes drive from Wanaka lies the fun and friendly Cardrona Alpine Resort. The resort is relatively small with three main chairlifts; MacDougall's Quad, Whitestar Express Quad and Captain's Express Quad. There is also a Poma on the beginners area and a couple of magic carpet. The ski area offers something for all, from skiers favourite Arcadia Chutes (Black) to the easy and picturesque Skyline (green). For snowboarders the outstanding terrain park is the main attraction and warrants hosting many events such as the Burton Open 2009 and the Winter Games 2009.
- Spend some time just watching all the boarders showing off in the fabulous snow park.
- Have a great and lively night in Woodys, with funky music and sports on TV, great hang out with your buddies.
- Enjoy a traditional New Zealand meal and then carry on the evening in the Surreal Bar and Restaurant.
- Visit 'Have a shot' for some games, ranging from a golf driving range, clay shooting and an outdoor battlefield... something for everybody to choose from.
- For some upmarket pampering visit one of the many beauty and health parlours.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1670 m|
|Highest lift||1860 m|
|Lowest lift||1670 m|
|km of piste||32|
|Number of lifts||7|
|Lift pass price||$85 per day|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!