Sauze d'Oulx – Italy
Sauze d'Oulx was known as as Ibiza-on-snow during the 80’s and such comparisons undoubtedly had a negative impact on the attractiveness of the resort to everyone other than the 18 – 30 brigade. Sauze (Sau-zee doox) has worked hard to shed that image though and now people of all ages enjoy winter sports in one of the most beautiful parts of northern Italy. The Milky Way is one of Europe’s big guns in terms of ski areas and has something to suit everyone.
If there is a downside to Sauze it would be the lack of investment and the disjointed nature of the lifts and public transport services. Millions also need to be spent on snow cannons in order to improve the hit and miss conditions of the lower slopes. That said, prices are competitive, access is easy from Turin and if you are looking for après fun, Sauze still does it!
- If the weather is bad head to the local cinema and cuddle up with some popcorn.
- There are a number of local swimming pools - great fun for all the family.
- Alpine Sport offer a range of activities from Snow shoeing and mountaineering.
- For a real treat why not head to one of the spa and wellness centres.
- The mountain restaurants are great places to sit and enjoy the sunshine with a glass of something nice.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1510 m|
|Highest lift||2825 m|
|Lowest lift||1390 m|
|km of piste||300|
|Number of lifts||41|
|Lift pass price||€190 / 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!