Merano 2000 – Italy
The ski area of Merano 2000 is small by Alpine standards but perfectly situated to enjoy a ski trip whilst taking a city break. The sunny mountain plateau high above Merano has everything the discerning skier and snowboarder is looking for on a short stay, with no fewer than fifteen trails with a total length of 40 km and children’s area. Merano 2000 promotes iteslf as a family ski area with plenty of activities to keep all ages happy.
The wide open slopes are mainly blue runs, but there are enough green and red pistes offering ideal conditions for all ability levels. There are nine huts around the mountain with large sunny terraces, great to stoke up the energy levels and keep the kids happy with a hot chocolate or two.
Accommodation is generally found in the local towns of Avelengo and Verano or Merano city.
The skiing area is an altitude of between 1670m and 2300m, guaranteed snow, sun and fun for all from December to the beginning of April.
- For thrill seekers try the toboggan run through 3km of woodland and the Alpine Bob
- Relax in the famous Merano baths with a 'Therme & Ski' ticket
- Peruse the shops in Merano and the nearby city of Bolzano - just 25km away
- Take the kids to the Luckis Kinderland - a great fun park for the children where the little ones either get their first taste on skis/snowboards or just play in the snow
- For the best fish at 2000m try the Emilio Comici on the pistes.
Merano 2000 blogs
Posted by Kate Whittaker on 9th March 2010
Tired of all the usual resorts? Looking for a more laid back experience? Then look no further than Sud Tirol. This lovely corner of Italy used to be Austrian and you can still see the influence in the food and also that fact that every town has both an Italian and an Austrian name. The signs are a bit confusing to start with but you soon get used to it.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1670 m - 2000 m|
|Highest lift||2300 m|
|Lowest lift||1670 m|
|km of piste||40|
|Number of lifts||7|
|Lift pass price||€206 / 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!