Livigno – Italy
As the crow flies Livigno is just a few kilometres away from the chic Swiss resort of Klosters, but the contrast between them is stark. Livigno was afforded tax-free status by the EEC in 1960 in order to help sustain a year-round population in the remote mountains, and nowadays it is one of the best value resorts in Italy with no VAT on anything. Livigno still maintains a traditional Alpine appearance with a friendly, lively feel. Free buses provide relatively reliable access from one end of the village to the other until mid-evening.
The remoteness of Livigno makes getting there quite tricky. The transfer time from Bergamo can be up to 5 hours, but regular visitors would argue that it is worth the effort. With altitude also comes snow reliability and the pistes on both sides of the resort have a great record late into the season
- Mountain hut dinners - go for a evening meal in a beautiful remote location.
- Bormio bath hot springs - Relax and unwind in a natural hot spring.
- Husky sledding - Be in charge of your own sled and team of excitable huskys.
- Ice driving - great fun, just like the boys on Top Gear!
- Fun Park - take the family for a great fun day out for everyone
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1816 m|
|Highest lift||2900 m|
|Lowest lift||1816 m|
|km of piste||115|
|Number of lifts||30|
|Lift pass price||€198.50 / 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!