Courmayeur – Italy
The resort is a refreshing alternative to the mega resorts of France, intent on style and sophistication. This is a prime destination for those who like to ski, but also for those who don’t! There is more than enough skiing for a few days and the nearby resorts of Chamonix and La Thuile are easy enough to reach if you crave extra runs. For the non-skier the 60 restaurants and over a hundred boutiques will ensure that there is no chance of boredom setting in.
In recent years the resort has become something of a mecca for off-piste fans too as Chamonix veterans realise that Mont Blanc has an Italian side! Whether you crave an adrenalin rush or place more importance on long lunches you are likely to find something to suit in Courmayeur. There should be no shortage of options in terms of access either with Geneva, Turin and Milan airports all offering easy transfers.
- Head to the Chalet da Geremia mountain restaurant for one of their entertaining theme events, or just to soak up the amazing views and eat their delicious food.
- Relax in the healing waters of the spectacular thermal spa at Pre-Saint-Didier.
- Get on top of the world and take the Funivie Monte Bianco cable cars up to a breathtaking 3462m at Punta Helbronner.
- Browse the Alpine Museum’s collection of photos and documents in the original house of the Alpine guides society.
- Visit the Forum Sports Centre and take part in one of the many sports on offer.
We chatted to Amin Momen of Momentum Ski at the Ski and Snowboard Show, London 2013. He gives us the run through on what's so great about skiing, eating and drinking in the Italian resort of Courmayeur.
Posted by Vanessa Fisher on 18th March 2014
I’ve lost count of the number of times I have been asked to recommend a ski resort, a tour operator, a chalet, a type of ski, style of jacket, goggle, sunglasses, gloves…the list is endless when it comes to skiing and ski holidays. Most people ignore my recommendations! But sometimes advice is given and received with thanks and everyone ends up happy; which is how we ended up in Courmayeur for an old friend from university’s 40th ski weekend.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1225 m|
|Highest lift||2755 m|
|Lowest lift||1224 m|
|km of piste||100|
|Number of lifts||18|
|Lift pass price||€234 / 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!