Les Carroz – France
Whilst Les Carroz is perfect for short breaks the extent of the terrain in the Grand Massif is such that anyone staying for a full week will still struggle to exhaust all the options. Between them the five stations of the area offer a wide variety of runs for skiers and boarders of all abilities, but if there were to be a criticism it would be that the lift links are not as well-developed as they could be. There are still a lot of bottlenecks that can frustrate anyone looking to get miles under their belt.
Despite not being particularly high at 1200m Les Carroz (Lay cah-roh) benefits from a favourable microclimate between Mont Blanc and Lake Geneva so skiing back to the village is normally possible all season. At just 45 from Geneva it is one of the easiest resorts to get to, and short airport transfers, reasonably priced lift passes and an abundance of chalet beds make Les Carroz a great option for those on a tight budget.
- Head to the L'Anitionne on the mountain for hot chocolate with Cointreau
- Cruising the 14km Cascade through the back country.
- Eating the best burger in the Alps at the Le Desert Blanc in Flaine.
- Skiing the Marvel piste in Morillion, a beautiful long descent through the trees.
- Relishing a boozy lunch at the popular Igloo restaurant.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1140 m|
|Highest lift||2500 m|
|Lowest lift||1140 m|
|km of piste||265|
|Number of lifts||69|
|Lift pass price||€225 / 6 days - Grande Massif|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!