La Tania – France
<p>The relatively young resort of La Tania is an outpost of Courchevel and was designed with ecological considerations in mind. The energy for the entire resort (including lifts and snowmaking) is provided by a hydro-electric system. La Tania’s (<em>La tan-ya</em>) first purpose was to house the journalists covering the 1992 Winter Olympics and nowadays it still only has 4000 guest beds, making it a quiet resort at the edge of the vast Trois Vallees. The traditional-style chalets are dissected by the two main runs back into the resort and the shelter afforded by the trees ensures that it is normally possible to ski back to the door despite the relatively low altitude at 1350m.</p>
<p>Facilities in the resort are limited but the luxury boutiques of Courchevel are just a free bus ride away. The nightlife in La Tania is livelier than most people expect and your money will go further than in Courchevel, but the resort is ultimately still a place for families rather than party-goers.</p>
- Practice some of your jumps on the huge trampolines in the village.
- Snowmobile/Skidoo Once the ski runs have closed for the day, try your hand at driving these 500cc two seaters.
- Take your family or group to the ice rink for a fun afternoon.
- Ice karting is the latest craze to hit the ice.
- Husky Sleigh Rides Get a taste of Alaska on a husky powered sledge whilst taking in the breathtaking mountain scenery.
La Tania blogs
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1300 m|
|Highest lift||2700 m|
|Lowest lift||1260 m|
|km of piste||150|
|Number of lifts||60|
|Lift pass price||€283 / 6 days 3 Vallees|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!