Argentiere – France
The small village of Argentière retains a picturesque mountain feel with a large number of traditional wooden houses, as well as ancient farmhouses, against the spectacular back-drop of Aiguille du Midi and the 4810m high Mont-Blanc. A free bus service links to Chamonix further down the valley. The hotels, bars and restaurants, whilst not numerous, are unfussy and offer good value in comparison with those in Chamonix. The entire valley gets busier at weekends due to the ease of access in one hour from Geneva Airport.
Between Chamonix and Argentière (Ar-jon-tee-air) lies some of the best terrain in the Alps for serious skiers, from bumps and powder bowls to steeps and gullies; intermediate terrain this is not! A guide with local knowledge is highly recommended to safely access some of the more remote yet exhilarating glacial fields. Above Argentière itself, north facing slopes have an excellent snow holding record, often lasting through into early summer.
- Glacier walking - put on your crampons and go hiking up the stunning Argentière glacier.
- Helicopter Tours - Relax and enjoy the stunning views as you fly over the Haute Savoie.
- Husky sledding - Be in charge of your own sled and team of excitable husky dogs.
- Paragliding ('Parapente') Take to the skies accompanied by an instructor.
- Museums & Galleries If you’re a bit of a culture vulture, drop in to one of the galleries or museums in town.
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1252 m|
|Highest lift||3840 m|
|Lowest lift||1035 m|
|km of piste||155|
|Number of lifts||44|
|Lift pass price||€230 / 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!