Lech – Austria
Lech is perfect for the fair-weather skier who enjoys the après ski and the chic feel of the resort as much as the time actually spent on the snow. It is a firm favourite with the wealthy and celebrities, and for that reason prices are higher than in other resorts. The lift infrastructure and network of slopes on offer is of the highest order though and most skiers and boarders will find something to suit.
Whilst it is difficult to fault the skiing itself, the heavy car traffic in the centre of resort seems out of place and detracts from the attractiveness. Make no mistake though Lech (Lek) is beautiful and rightfully takes its place in the elite ‘Best of the Alps’ club of ski resorts. The chocolate box architecture and stunning views will take your breath away. The problem for the average traveller is that the prices may leave you gasping for air too!
- Enjoy the apres ski vibe at the icebar outside Hotel Tannbergerhof.
- Broaden your culinary horizons at Fux steakhouse. Anyone for Bison?!
- Experience genuine Austrian hospitality at Haus Nr 8, a 300 year old barn.
- Contact the tourist office for a 2 hour snowshoe tour of the resort by night.
- Head to the deep powder fields early in the day whilst most of the wealthy clientele are still enjoying breakfast!
At a glance
|Resort altitude||1450 m|
|Highest lift||2753 m|
|Lowest lift||1305 m|
|km of piste||273|
|Number of lifts||84|
|Lift pass price||€228 / 6 days|
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!