Defy Foly In La Clusaz
Posted by LizWoods 25th April 2012
For over 20 years, La Clusaz has been celebrating the end of the season with a two day festival, the ‘Defi Foly’, at Lake Confins in Lake Annecy Ski Resorts region. This weekend, 28th and 29th April, over 150 crazy competitors will try and cross the 180m lake on all manner of sliding objects, from skis, to snowboards to monoskis, all trying to beat the 155m record set in 2010.
There will also be a giant zip wire above the lake and the USO event – unidentified sliding object, where anything goes to get across the water! Taking part this coming weekend, The Foly Challenge, promises to see out in style what has been a fantastic winter season.
Image courtesy of Greg Dieu, with thanks.
About the author
Liz Woods joined the team in 2005 and is a new but enthusiastic convert to skiing. Liz looks after the office and our book warehouse. She also has the tough job of keeping us organised and for helping to keep maddogski.com up to date.
- MadDogSki in Mayrhofen 'The Hoff', Austria - 19th April 2013
- Season extended in Whistler, BC - 15th April 2013
- Nickelback to open Ischgl 2013/14 season - 8th April 2013
- Radio Meuh Circus Festival - 12th March 2013
- Short discounted ski breaks from Supertravel - 11th March 2013
Find it quick
- Get news!
- Get prizes!
- Sign up here!